James And The Dragon

Once upon a time there was a little boy named James. He was 10 years old and he loved to explore the wild. James and his mum Polly lived in a decently sized house in a village. They loved everyone there especially this one lovely girl named Rosie. When James and Polly first came to the village she was the one who guided them the village. Everyday James visited her and brought her treats. Today it was brownies. But one day James wanted to go to the jungle that all the villagers were horrified of, so it was final. He walked and walked. Finally, he got there. But to his surprise there was a dragon sitting there eating berries of a nearby bush. The dragon was red with spikes and scales. So that made James horrified. ‘What will I do?’ ‘What if he eats me?’ cried James blank eyed. After Hours the dragon was still sitting there eating berries. Finally, James got up the courage to talk to the horrific dragon. ‘Um hello Mr dragon.’ Said James calmly.
‘Oh, hello little boy, may I help you?’ said the dragon kindly.
‘Yes please.’ shivered James. ‘I am lost and I don’t know what to do!’ cried James. ‘Don’t stress I’ll help you.’ ‘But what`s your name?’
‘James.’ said James less panic-stricken than before.
‘So, do you want to hop on my wings?’ questioned the dragon.
‘Sure, but what is your name? said James.
‘I am William’ the dragon said. Come, hop on, So James hopped on and they set off. Later James spotted the village. ‘Wait that’s the village! This is where I live!’
So, William swept down. ‘Here we are.’ ‘Wait can you come with me?’ asked James.
‘Me? Oh no I’m way to big people will freak!
‘No, they won’t, please William.’
‘Oh fine!’ said William. So, William stomped to James’s house with James on his back. When they arrived, the villagers got petrified because they thought William was going to eat them. ‘No, you got it all wrong!’ screamed James. ‘This is William he’s my friend.’ ‘You see I wanted to go to the jungle and I saw William there, so we became friends.’ ‘Soon After I realized that I was lost, so he flew me back to the village! Exclaimed James.
‘If that’s what really happened then I thank you so, so much for saving my precious baby!’ Polly said shockingly.
‘No worries, anytime.’ said William feeling proud and happy of himself.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!