David's Quest

One day early in the morning there was a kid named David, he was shy talking to people he had never seen before. He hoped that eventually he could not be shy, he didn’t talk much but he did have one friend. His name was Max. He usually kept David company but David still wanted to not be shy and alone. They are best friends.

Then on Monday, when David walked to his class Max wasn’t there. He thought that Max was sick so when it was time to go home, David tried to call Max but he didn’t pick up. He waited, and waited. Then when it was night he turned off his phone and started to sleep. But a magpie appeared in the middle of nowhere in David’s room, he gasped then the magpie started talking. David then realised that the magpie was magical, it said it’s name was Maggie and it warned David that it’s friend Pie was taken by a Dragon in another dimension.
‘’What do I have to do with it’’ asked David.
‘’ You are a big Fan of Magpies and I thought if you could help get my friend back to Earth’’ said Maggie
‘’So, Maggie, how do we get to this dimension’’ asked David nervously.
‘’We can use these teleporters
‘ Okay great idea’’
David and Maggie then used one of their teleporters and they went into a different dimension, so they looked for items that could be useful so they went into a space house and found a sword.
‘’This would be useful’’ said David
So they used another teleporter and they did more tries and they reached the dimension that Pie is trapped in so they went in opposite directions. They asked the space where the Dragon was and luckily the aliens can speak.
The alien told David where the dragon was. When David and Maggie both went to where the dragon was, it roared and tried to get David and Maggie away from where Pie was in.
Maggie tried to distract the dragon while David was opening the cage, But Maggie couldn’t hold it for long. But luckily David could set Pie free.
So the three of them teamed up on the dragon,
‘’You’re lucky that I freed Pie for you but I still need to find Max.’’
‘’Agreed’’ shouted Pie.
When David thought he should start looking for Max instead of defeating the dragon he used one of Maggie’s teleporter’s and they reached the dimension that they were last on so he quickly
used a teleporter and they reached home. Maggie flew away with Pie and explored the city, David was looking for Max and luckily found him getting out of his dad’s car. Max was at Brisbane all along and the two played outside together and Maggie and Pie decided to live in this very unique city and make Bird friends.


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!