Heartbreak

Tears trickled down my cheeks, forming rivulets. Mascara dirtied those tiny streams and stained the pillowcase a charcoal black. The pillow itself muffled my heart-wrenching cries. I’d been abandoned on the day that should have been the zenith of my relationship. And yet, I found him having the time of his life, dancing with a girl that sure as hell wasn’t me. She made me feel like I belonged in the streets. Made me feel like the flamboyant velvet dress that I wore was like my makeup, pointless. Made me feel like I was no different to the grotesque beggar woman that roamed the proximity of my estate.
No, I was stronger than this. I’ve gone through more, way more. Years of abuse, abandonment, isolation. I will survive this. What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger, and how true was that? Too true.
His actions were the cause of the heartbreak that changed me into a God. His fate was in my hands. His stupidity would be the literal end of him.
And I would rage war upon him and whom he loved. I would burn the world, and them along with it. But most importantly, I would be laughing as I unleashed hell.
***
The city parade erupted into pandemonium. Hundreds upon thousands of beetle-like mortals careened around the streets, desperately praying to not get caught in the killing fields. Now it was time for my revenge, my payment from years ago. Blood flooded the city streets, enveloping any dry land. Soon, the scurrying citizen would be bolting around with their socks plastered to themselves, sodden with blood. And soon, I would be laughing at the public execution of one particular mortal.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!