Parking Lot Mayhem

I have done this time and time again; finding a parking spot should've been easy, but it wasn't. It was Black Friday, and all the places in the parking lot had been taken. All except for one. Five keen shoppers and I knew only one would surviveā€¦but who had the killer instinct to make it out alive?
All five shoppers stepped on their pedals and clutched their steering wheels in the blink of an eye. Then they started bolting for the spot, including me.
A blue Ford swirled in my way and cut me off. What's worse, I nearly crashed into another car. The other four shoppers charged for the blue Ford. Fortunately, they eliminated it.
I bolted in front of a green Toyota; then, a purple Mazda scraped the side of my car.
"HEY," I shouted with rage, "I JUST GOT THIS A WEEK AGO!"
My engine roared to life as I pushed away the offender. Suddenly, a grey Mitsubishi approached me from behind. I swirled out of their way. It's a good thing I did since they crashed into a trolley.
Now, it was just the black Honda and me. The air around us grew thin. My blood ran ice cold, and I could feel a chilling sensation tingle up the driver's spine. The Honda's engine growled at me, but I made my car do the same with an even more furious roar. Then out of the blue, he starts charging at me. Without a moment of hesitation, I did the same. The Honda driver's eyes grew larger as they panicked and crashed into a pillar.
"...Hope they have car insurance," I said to myself.
I took the spot, calmly got out of my car, and smiled proudly to myself. I was victorious, the other shoppers may have won their own battles against each other, but they have lost the war, for I was the one with the killer instinct, the one with the wits to help me stay alive.
I WAS THE GREATEST.
Until I received a notification from my phone saying the sale was over.
"WHAT THE-" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!