Magic?

The sun was shining, the smell of freshly baked cinnamon donuts filled the air and I couldn’t wait to play the first game! I ran over to the stall. I was really excited to play my first game. I asked the elderly man if I could play, he nodded his head slowly at me and I quickly grabbed a fishing rod and started to fish. I was actually really good at this game and caught 36 fish!
Just then a group of loud, small and cheeky kids crowded the stall! I hastily grabbed my prize and ran as fast as lightning into the courtyard. I won a black and white panda with shiny purple paws. It was so soft and cuddly. I wandered around the fair a little more, then went home.
“Ring, ring!” My alarm clock buzzed. “Argh” I’m still so tired but as I slowly start to open my eyes I see all the stuffed animals from the stall on my bed looking at me! “Ahhhhhh!” I screamed so loudly that it knocked my alarm clock off my bedside table. “Is this all a dream? Ok, I’m going to pinch myself and you will all disappear.”
I closed my eyes and counted back from 3. “3, 2, 1 –“ I couldn’t believe my eyes! The stuffed animals were still there! Do they speak? I decided to engage and ask them how they got here, to my room?! They said they were magically transported here! What does that even mean, the world isn’t magical or is it?
I get out of bed, quickly get changed, eat my breakfast and brush my teeth. I shove all the stuffed animals from the stall into my backpack and run out the door, cross the street and head for the park! I go to the stall where all these toys come from and look for the elderly man.
Just then a girl appeared and said, “Are you looking for an old man who usually works here?” I eagerly replied “Yes.” She said that the man had left for the day. “Thank you” I exclaimed and started to walk away.
Ok, new plan. I head to my quiet place in the park, unzip my backpack and take all the stuffed animals out. “How can I help you?” I asked, quite confused.
The panda explained that the elderly man had been holding the animals captive, passing them out to children as prizes. He observed that children didn’t treat them well, poking, tearing, squeezing, ripping and then throwing them away in the trash after a while. “We just want to get home…” “Home?” I uttered quietly. “How can I help you get home?”
Perhaps all that was needed was a little magic? If the animals were magically transported to me, maybe I could use my “magic” and return them home? But what was my magic? Perhaps all I needed to do was close my eyes and will them home, perhaps my kindness was enough…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!