Netball Fever

Thursday 8th September. Netball Fever
As the netball squeaked with excitement of being grabbed off the desk, Evie Nall ran out into the garden. The brave 9 year old from Charlestown, Newcastle loved to play netball on her beloved team the Chatterboxes. Little did she know her dream was about to get real.
As Evie practised, she noticed a moving truck going into next door. Oh it’s probably nothing Evie thought. "Evie please come in" her mum Jess called. Evie got into the car and she noticed the neighbours car leaving.
When they arrived, Evie saw a woman beside her coach and almost fainted. She almost fainted because it was the exquisite Caitlin Basset. "Everyone this is Caitlin Basset, a netball player off the Aussie Team. She will choose one player to meet the Australian Netball Team" explained her coach. Evie played well in the first half, but her coach made her take the 3rd quarter off. In the 4th quarter Evie scored 3 goals. They won the match. Caitlin stood up and announced that the winner was Evie Nall.
Evie never forgot the day she met the team. She promised never to break her dream. I wonder did she keep her promise…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!