Santa, Really?

Dear Diary, I, Ivy Yang Jones, am writing to you at 6.50 pm, Christmas day, at 64 Grove Street. I have to write this down as, while no-one will ever believe, it contains the ABSOLUTE truth. Mum, Dad, Amber, John if you are reading my diary then PUT IT DOWN NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess that my adventure started on the 30th of November. I have three best friends. Olivia, a girl black hair and coco brown eyes, was sitting on my left. Daniela my best friend, is Columbian and has a strait brown bob, and was sitting on my right. Finally, standing infront, was Astrid. She spends hours training for netball and has blonde hair, tying with blue eyes.

Astrid:
I really hope Dad takes me and Charlotte to Canada again this year.

Daniela:
Ooo, that would be soo much fun!

Olivia:
Astrid, your little sister is so cute!

Me:
I hope Santa gives me some earings from Undercover!

Olivia:
Santa? He's not real.

Daniela:
Ivy can believe in him if she wants.

Olivia:
I guess your right....

Me:
I have an idea. Olivia, let's try and stay up all night to catch Santa!

Astrid:
And you can leave your phones on to have video proof.

Olivia and Me:
Deal!

I was DEFINITELY gunna win!

But...waiting the twenty-three sleeps was KILLING me. I say this with no exaggeration, but if I had to wait one more sleep, then I probly definitely would have died.

After what seemed like years, the night arrived. I was armed with eight bars of Turkish Delight chocolate, five cans of Solo, and three tubs of chocolate moose.

As for my navy outfit, I was wearing my peach coloured leopard nighty, my blonde hair tied in ferocious piggytails.

But where was I hiding? Our lounge has a special spot behind it. But as I climbed down, I was met by the worst kind of pests. Twinstered. Amber and John. My little siblings.

After signing a contract with my associates, we agreed to work together.

But, at about 11.30pm, I was alone, as my soldiers-in-training had sugar-crashes.

I was about to give up and go to sleep, when a bright light blinded my eyes...For about ten seconds. When my sight returned, I saw a Honey Badger. In my lounge room. The mini bear looked around, and deciding that no-one could see, reached into its pouch, and pulled out presents, all shapes and sizes, planting each one in a stocking. My jaw dropped, my blue eyes widened. We're my earings from Undercover there?

At that point, my eyelids became droppy, and my brain became sleepy. I was forced drifted into an unwanted slumber.

As soon as I came to my senses, I checked my phone. Yep. The video was there. My proof. But I deleted it.

Olivia texted me at 11.00am, to tell me she had fallen asleep, and knocked over her phone. I claimed the same. Because what I had seen, was rarer then a story about Christmas in September. Also, I may need to 'delete' this diary from the planet later

-Ivy Yang Jones

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!