Farm Adventures

Twenty nine years ago there was a kid named Flid who was twelve and he had two brothers named Fline, who was also twelve, and one called Timothy who was eleven. Flid loved to have adventures on the farm and one day he spotted a river stream. He went up to it and followed the stream all the way down, Eventually he found an ancient tree which spanned the creek. But then a branch fell down and knocked him into the river and he started screaming for help. His family heard him and his brothers jumped, grabbed a tent from when they were camping, jumped onto the quad bike and chased after him. But before they reached him he had floated the stream. Then they realised that the stream led to a waterfall! His brothers decided to use the tent to create a glider to glide down the stream to save him. But then they all got stuck down there and were frantically trying find a way back up. They decided to grab some vines to create a rope. But Flid was freezing cold and could barely move so they decided to let him dry out and warm up so Fline went searching for vines. But they found few black widow spiders so they smashed them with the kite. They finished searching for vines and they tied the glider together to make the kite. They flung it up in the air for a signal. Luckily their parents found them and they grabbed the kite and climb up. Fline and Timothy climbed up and Flid was still frozen so his Mum glided down while Fline and Timothy and their Dad held to the rope. Then the Mum grabbed Flid and told them to pull her up. So they did.
And they were all pulled up to safety. After that they went back home and had a lovely dinner.

The end.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!