Becksy's Friend

Becksy rubbed my tummy, as I requested.
She had taken me to the beach today. Apparently Becksy is meeting someone.
For some reason, Becksy decided it was a good idea to wear her really small swim clothes. And it was cut in half, so I could see her tummy. I guess that was good. Then I could see if a bobblefish came and bit her.
I’m so glad Becksy brought the flying disc. She calls it a frizbee. Like how is that related to a flying disc?
Becksy started talking to me about this friend. Something about sports. Other girls. And pizza. I like pizza. Especially when Becksy buys the meaty one. I always steal half of it. And for some reason, I get sick. I blame the pizza-mailman. Mailmen are always up to something.
Becksy told me to sit. I listened and waited for me treat. But all I got was a pat… not from Becksy. I jumped up to the stranger. I told him to get back. I won’t let anyone hurt my Becksy. But she was telling me to calm down? That this was her friend? Max?! Am I not good enough?
I didn’t want the flying disc. I didn’t want treats. I didn’t even want to catch those beach birds. All I could think about was Becksy betraying me. Like why would she do that? I was her protector, why did she need this Max human?
I am alone. No one loves me. Not even Becksy. She hasn’t even looked at me since that Max came.
Becksy says we were going home. Finally! Max would go away! Becksy packs up the flying disc and treats and upside-down cup shade thing when that Max puts his face on hers. Like smooshed it on hers. I screamed. No face smooshing.
I am grumpy in my bed. Becksy decided to bring that Max home. And they are face smooshing! Again! And not watching the moving pictures box.
Forever passed and Max was still here. What does Becksy see in him? Other than he seems like a very good toy… I don’t know. He’s like every other smooshing-face-friends Becksy’s ever had. A dirty human with silly head rules. I think Becksy calls them ‘Moraaals’.
I heard voices. It is night time now. Max has slept in Becksy’s bed. The pizza-mailman came when I was sleeping. Maybe Max gets sick too. And Becksy knows what to do when someone has been poisoned by the pizza-mailman. Good Becksy. Maybe Becksy doesn’t need a Max, but Max needs a Becksy. He needs a Becksy just like me!
Becksy got out of bed after Max, but that was ok. Max is… ok. He had given me some of his meaty pizza from yesterday AND a treat. He was being nice to me. Rubbing my tummy, playing games together. I think I like Max. Maybe Becksy will let me keep him.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!