The Biggest Party

In an enchanted village called Mushroom Town, all the townspeople were bustling about. Flowers were blooming, the sun was shining, and the air smelled of freshly baked goods. It was mid-day in the village and the fairies, dwarves, elves, and other majestic creatures were talking and enjoying the glorious day. The biggest party in the world was taking place in Mushroom Town that evening and all respectable magical creatures would be attending. That meant everyone from the tiny meadow fairies, to mermaids, and even to the reclusive unicorns. Everyone, except the monstrous inhabitants of The Badlands found to the north-east of Mushroom Town. These ogres and terrifying dragons were horribly nasty to everyone around them. Most creatures feared them, but not brave Maeve the fairy.

***

As evening fell, Maeve was briskly walking to the party in the town square, cradling some exquisite cupcakes to share. When she reached the party, she saw millions of fantastic creatures and she heard music pounding. She could smell popcorn and cake. It was glorious! Suddenly, she heard a thud, no one else noticed though. Another thump. This time others looked around confused. A third thump and only a couple of creatures didn’t hear the deafening sound that time. After the next massive thump, everyone was looking around, scared.

In the distance, Maeve could see an enormous shape blocking out the Moon. The gigantic life form was getting closer and closer to Mushroom Town. When the monster was only a couple of its massive steps away everyone realised in horror what it was. It was an ogre! Immediately all the town’s inhabitants rushed away from the square. Maeve stood her ground watching the stream of terrified creatures leaving the square.

Fairy Maeve flew up to the ogre’s ugly face and screamed, “Why are you here? It is forbidden!” The ogre grunted and proceeded to clomp around the square. Maeve followed it and continued to yell at it. “You must leave! I will banish you with my magic.” The ogre rolled its eyes and grunted, stupidly, “Oh yeah? Do it. If you can.” He then stomped on the platter of the delicious cupcakes and cackled evilly. This angered Maeve and she suddenly lost her temper. “Okay!” she screeched. She pulled some fairy dust out of her pouch and sprinkled it in the air. She started to chant a complex spell to imprison all the inhibitions of the Badlands. A light flashed across the square and the ogre was lifted into the air and returned to the Badlands with a resounding crack. A shimmering bubble of power appeared to imprison both he and all the other terrible creatures, forever.

The crack echoed around the town before fading out of existence leaving only silence behind. After a couple of moments townspeople appeared and burst into applause. And the party continued! Better than ever! Maeve was the hero of the day, and everyone lived happily ever after. (Except the bad guys of course!)

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!