A Trip I'll Never Forget

One day, my family and I were going on a trip to Fiji. My name is Grace and when I grow up I want to be an Olympic champion. I’m in year seven and homework is hard especially when you have gymnastics training. When I first found out we were going to Fiji it was a week after my first gymnastic competition and I was so excited. It was going to be my first trip overseas from Australia!

As my family packed for Fiji while I was at gymnastics training I suddenly slipped on the beam whilst I was doing my beam routine, in front of everyone! I was rushed to hospital and they did an x-ray and to my relief I was going to be ok and I had just sprained my ankle. When I got home later that day I was the only one packed to go. Why wasn’t anyone else? But little did I know some bad was going to happen…

The next day, I had to let my ankle rest and I wasn’t allowed to do anything so I stayed in bed and did homework. It was so boring! When I had finished all my homework I decided to get up and eat but I couldn’t walk and I was STARVING so I called mum to get me some food but she never got me any food so I called her again. No answer. So, I asked dad and yet again no answer. It was like no one was here but me.

What was I going to do? How was I going to do it? When was I going to do it? Who was I going to do it with? So, I decided to call my friend on zoom but when I got on I had no friends! It felt like I was deserted! What was I going to do? So, I hopped out of bed and went to the front door to see if I could go see my neighbour. When I opened the front door but I couldn’t see a thing! I couldn’t walk well, I couldn’t talk to anyone and I couldn’t leave the house! What is happening?

I decided to stay where I was and try to think about what to do. Then something came to me. What if I could see if I could hurt myself because if I hurt myself I would know that I was in real life but if it didn’t hurt I would know that I would be dreaming. So, I went and jumped off my bed but instead of falling I landed. I tried multiple things but none of them worked. I had to do the one thing I dreaded! So, I went into the kitchen and grabbed “The Knife” and cut my hand. Luckily, I didn’t feel it and I finally woke up from the horrifying dream! Everything is back to normal! Hopefully! It is back to Fiji for me!



FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!