Now Is The Time To Act

At midnight my legs were shaking. I had learnt something vital. Something that would change my life. And I was not ready to believe it. Is it black or white? Is it fake or real? Is it right or wrong? There are no in-betweens.
I had been standing in the dark, completely frozen. Was this true? Yesterday I went out into the shed to grab my Science homework. When suddenly I found a book. But when I saw the book, I thought to myself this isn't any book; this was a cataclysmic book (which means catastrophic). It was titled "Elsie's Book of Life". What the heck is that book!
I had just reached the book down from the shelf. Then when I had the book in my hand, I whisked out my phone. I planned on taking photos of the book. The first page from what I could understand, meant: It was terror first, then the accident, then the baby…why? But then suddenly hope was up against her!
“Her... Her...” I said for about the thousandth time. It made no sense, no sense at all. Who is “her”? The only person who made sense was me. Was I the one? I didn't think that I was the one, but from these last few days, I'd say that I knew nothing.
After school Monday, Mum's supposed to pick me up from school. It was the perfect opportunity to talk to Mum about everything. I jumped in the car filled with massive nerves. I felt like one of those speed cars except the speed cars, were my nerves. A minute later and Mum is screaming "Get in the car!" Whoopsie. I decided that before talking about the serious stuff I would just play it cool for now...
"Hi Mum, how was your day?" I asked with the most sympathy I could put on. "Great.” she said in her normal everyday tone after work. "Mum," I exclaimed a little too loudly and way too soon. "What is up with that book?" “My dear, I knew that one day you would find out.” she replied. "Find out what Mum?" "Well, that book I wrote because, well... When I had just earned my driver's licence, I was involved in a terrible car accident. At that time, I was due to have a baby but then she died while I was in the car accident.” “But then?" I asked with a bit of relief and peace but also with a bit of shame. "When I was involved in the car accident, I saw a little baby." "And that was me?" I asked confused. “Exactly. You were my hope; my last hope and that is why I wrote that book."
“Oh, I love you, Mum!” Then I closed my eyes and a certain peace washed over me. There was nothing to worry about now!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!