Hope

The fire spread across the ship; ashes were flying everywhere. Smoke darkened the sky. I saw the mast that used to be high in the sky in the churning ocean. The captain was shouting instructions, but his words were drowned over the sound of screaming and crackling fire. I also started screaming as a huge wave rose over me and soon, I was drenched from head to toe. Going on this ship was a mess I needed to get myself out of...if that was possible.
The ship I am on, is a cargo ship. Mountains of Lamborghinis and Ferraris are inside it! Cars are my dream job so on the same ship as some of the best cars in the world was tempting. That left me no choice but to become a stowaway. But lightning had struck and caused fire that nearly destroyed the whole ship.
The captain yelled again; I could just work out what he was saying. The captain was yelling “Abandon ship!” at the top of his lungs. I had to get off the boat if I wanted to stay alive so I plunged into the roaring ocean. The water was ice cold. Our boat was now sinking to the bottom of the sea and the sea containers full of Lamborghinis and Ferraris had been abandoned. We also needed to get back to shore. I pleaded for a miracle...and suddenly my wish was granted.
I watched as two dolphins made their way through the churning water. I whistled at the top of my lungs, hoping the dolphins would hear. At first, they paid no attention but after two minutes and lots of whistling, they miraculously started to swim closer. Finally, they reached me and I gave a little whoop of joy as I swung my arm around a light blue speckled dolphin. The dolphin made a funny clicking sound before swimming me towards the horizon.
“Land at last!” I cried enthusiastically, as a cream-coloured piece of land approached. The dolphin swam and swam until we finally reached the shore. I said a sincere thank you and tearful goodbye to my dolphin friend then collapsed onto the soft sand. As I rested on the sand I thought about my parents, about how my mum would come to the shore when she was worried and how da... “Caranda,” a voice cried “is that you?” I sat bolt upright. “Mum...is that you?” I replied but then before anyone could answer me, I was embraced by a person who smelt like...my mum? “Yes Caranda, it’s me.” my mum said. “You don’t need to worry because we are here.” “But how did you know I was here?” I asked my mum, confused but she just winked at me mysteriously.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!