The Book

It all began when I was a baby, well I can’t tell you about that because I don't remember, sorry.

So, to when I remember. I would read the bible every night with my Dad. You know the type, the kiddy ones, that have pictures and wouldn’t have anything inappropriate. But, as time passed, I got older and I started wanting to be like the “big people”. I wasn't little anymore, now I wanted to be grown up!

I had hatched a plan, when dad came, I would beg him to let me read, the big kids bible. I was so excited, this was bound to work!
With my heart pounding, I could hear my dad's footsteps coming closer, I WAS READY!

“CAN I PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GET TO READ THE BIG KIDS BIBLE?” I exclaimed! "Oops", I thought, that was a lot louder than I had intended. “Well it's out now, so what do you think?” I asked. My Dad chuckled, “I was just about to ask you that very thing.” He was smiling now. “Phew,” I breathed a sigh of relief.

And even though that was the kids version, I could still read the proper Bible now. And learn about new stories and hear the stories I already knew in more detail.

So, I've been reading my bible every day! It's so interesting! Well it was so interesting. I can’t seem to remember anything. It's so frustrating.

I came up with a plan of action. I would ask people I know how they remember the Bible. And to be even smarter I will combine everything they say and come up with a double whammy, triple zammy, megga tactic.

Here is what they said. Mum said to pray when I was reading the Bible, Dad said to think about what it tells me about Jesus. My little brother said “dfjoieh gloeij gvonwn” (not very helpful, oh well at least he was trying). My kids church leader said to make up songs about the story and my grandma said to write verses on the mirror, to memorize.

Hmmm, pray, think about Jesus, dfjoieh gloeij gvonwn, oh no don’t worry about that one. Sing songs about the story and verses on the mirror.
Okay, mix the letters around? I don't think that will help. Maybe, sing the prayer/verse on the mirror to Jesus.

Well, that was a journey, I tried to sing the prayer/verse on the mirror to Jesus but..... I got so confused that i started saying “dfjoieh gloeij gvonwn”. It was NOT good. Actually now that I think about it, maybe I should just try them one at a time and work out which one works best.

I’m going to go work it out now, why don’t you too?

P.S. Praying that you will find the perfect “tactic” for you!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!