The Mystery Monster

?Splash!! As the vicious waves ominously crashed onto the thin, yellow sand, the rocky cliffs landed in the crazed water.

"Hey, Dad! Can I go and play tennis on the other end of the beach?" enquired Jamie. "Yes, but come back in twenty minutes," replied his dad. A huge smile stretched a mile long from ear to ear. Jamie sprinted as fast as a cheetah. His spindly legs moved like Usain Bolt. "Oww!" A small stick tripped him over and a sea of blood burst out of his leg. Eventually, he managed to reach the ocean to wash his cut. As he looked far out to sea, he saw a monstrous tail splashing viciously on the water as his mind swiftly dozed off to space.

Earlier that morning, Jamie and his dad were at home and decided it was a beautiful day to go to the beach. Jamie was as happy as a baby in a candy store. He thought that he would have the best experience ever, however, little did he know, a mini-death was upon him.

When Jamie opened his eyes, he ran back to his dad, to only find out that it was an empty beach. Suddenly, a monstrous scream echoed from the far sea and his dad was barely alive in the ocean."Dad, I will call for help," shouted Jamie, as the black helicopters rapidly made their way to the designated area. BOOM!! The massive beast was shot down and his dad came back. Its gigantic body was cut up into pieces and put to waste. Luckily, no one was hurt and smiles showered upon everyone's faces.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!