The Rescue

The chains rattled against her body. Her fear could be tasted in the air. Sweat dripping down the back of her neck. Her long black hair hung messy down the front of her face. The room was cold and drained of light. The door creaked open with a room filled with cameras watching over dozens of different locations then a woman with short blonde hair she looked about mid 40s with a pristine white dress, her name was said to be the enforcer stepped through the door. The girl stood angrily in front of the lady refusing to speak.

“You should give up this tough act of yours,” the enforcer said wiping spit off of her face. “There is no reason for it, the high council has got you now.” The girl stood with an in phased face still as angry as before.

“Very well then, but I must tell you that if you tell us where the resistance is hiding you will not be charged with the crimes of un authorised information gathering and embracing individuality, and we must tell you that the resistance left you here for dead,”The girls eyes lit up with surprised as a loud gasp as loud as a roar flew across the room.

“The resistance would never do that,” she exclaimed once more.

BOOM! Sirens rang in the background, the room goes dark red. The enforcers armed guards barged into the room and ushered the woman out of the room.

The girl gives gives a slight grin and says the words “told ya” before the lady is rushed out of sight. The roar of fire is heard throughout the entire facility, with loud booms and bangs filled the hallway with noise. An armed guard runs past the room, he notices the girl stuck and climbs into the room. The soldier pulls his gun from his metal holster the advanced gun looks like it’d blast a hole through her. She starts to panic. She turns her head away trying to get away.

BANG! She turns her head around to see another guard. He takes his helmet of as his long brown hair brush’s down his neck. All the young man says is.

“Hey Stacy, long time no see,”

“Gill!” Stacy replies joyfully.

“Now now, let’s get you out of those chains before celebrating.” As he says this a hole bursts through the wall with another soldier. The soldier informs the duo of the helicopter that the need to board urgently.

“Thanks soldier.” Gill replies. They break the chains of of Stacy and run to the helicopter. They buckle in a get ready for a tough flight.

“Stacy this is it, this is the last place the high council have a big influence on, if we get this we could finish them.” Stacy jumps with joy excited to get the old world back with beautiful green grass; tall strong trees; fresh smelling air.

She takes one last look at the prison.

“Told ya.”





FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!