A New World

The wind blows against Jonathan’s face. He walks alongside the decimated road. He passes ancient and dilapidated skyscrapers and cars shrouded with rust. The morning sun blazes with the wrath of a volcano that annihilates with its ignition. Plants shrivel up helplessly experiencing the earth’s destructive grasp.

The earth er wasn’t always like this. Ancient records sight a world of serenity, until a nuclear war had ravaged through and sought rebellion from the people for survival. During this period, the government collapsed due to rioters. However, a new government was soon to dawn on the people.

A force that is to be worshipped and not to be reckoned with.

The sight.

They control through hypnosis. An beast of manipulation. People who strip away our freedom. A government of absolute control. Now everything is different, even time itself has altered.

Everyone lives in a new technological universe.

Jonathan slowly ascends the grimy path leading to The Hill on The Other Sight. He approached the Tree Of Serenity. Now dilapidated and dwindled; forlorn from the rest of the dormant world. Jonathan flits across the luscious field of blooming flowers. The wind blows violently, and the flowers writhe like pathetic rag dolls, twirling and fluttering as if controlled by a puppet master.

The minds of the people are manipulated through their selfish thoughts. In this new universe, everyone believes that they live in a world with no war, no rebellions and no dread. That’s why they worship The Sight, like pathetic and futile ants scrambling to their Queen for approval and recognition. The thoughts of free-thinking fades in the hands of The Sight. Banished within the unforgiving hands of time.

Jonathan thunes his head towards a log. Oliver waits silently upon it. Jonathan advances and pulls his body onto the log.

“Have you wondered what’s within The New World?”

Oliver uttered devoid of expression.

“No, you know there’s nothing, but dread,” Jonathan said.

“I dreamt the other night, about a world within the new universe, where we run no more, where we can eat until satisfaction!” He exclaims.

The Tower Of Sight begins to glow brighter.

“No, it can’t be,” Jonathan thought as he turns his head to the direction of where Oliver had sat.

He was gone.

Jonathan began to breath heavily, he felt as if something sinister had grasped his heart. Swear dribbled down his forehead.

Oliver had dashed into Jonathan’s feeble body, pushing him onto the ground.

“Don’t be stubborn Jonathan, we can’t run anymore,” Oliver yelled as he throttled Jonathan’s neck, pinning him in place. His heart began to beat heavily, his lungs were screaming for air. The droplets of sweat became river of tears.

Jonathan began to retaliate. But he knew that it was over.

Oliver had grabbed the Universal Gate and shoved it upon Jonathan’s head. He began to lose consciousness.

A light began flashing within Jonathan’s mind.

Welcome, citizen#1069!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!