The Race

Nervous feelings and horrible thoughts are going through my head, but I’m still going even though I know this is going to be the hardest race in my life. We are about to start. I can hear the announcer saying, "Is everybody ready? Ok 3, 2, 1 go!" and we start the race. Already the ice is slippery, but I don’t give up. I keep going. I only have to do 7km, but it is really difficult. I’m doing good, first lap done, only 6 laps to go! I haven't fallen off yet. 2nd lap done. I have nearly fallen off, 3rd lap done, 4th lap done, 5th lap done and 6th lap done! Last lap and there are seven riders and I’m in 4th place but I’m catching up. I have caught up! Now it’s me and another rider, so I sprint to the finish line. I just won the trophy by a inch! After the race I went home to tell my family I won, but they were not answering. Then I heard a knock on my door. I opened it and all of my family were there.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!