The Last Case

I’ve been looking for another job for so long. My part time job is at a candy shop and I rarely get paid much. My boss’s name is Camilla and to be honest she is an okay person, I guess. I scroll down the internet and see a job for an attorney . They need an attorney because someone has just gotten fired for no reason. I quickly contacted the Law firm and asked for an interview. They said that the next interview was in 30 minutes and I freaked out. I accepted the interview and got dressed in my best clothes.

“Hey there,” I say to the manager Mia.
“Oh, hi there Hazel,” Mia said.
Honestly, it was kind of awkward at the start but she was really nice and desperate for an attorney. When we started talking, I got to know her better. I told her my part time job was at a candy shop. After we finished talking about ourselves she told me about Mr Kim's case. I was shocked, but after I got over it I said “ Well we should start checking the places he visited and called.”
“I already checked who he called and there aren't any suspicions,” said Mia.

Mia and I scheduled a meeting at 7 am the next day but I had my part time job at 7:30. Mia said it would be quick but it turns out that it took an HOUR. I was late to work and my boss was raging mad. It was like she was about to fire me but luckily she didn’t. However, she made me clean the whole store. Mia and I were always in touch. One day we decided to inspect Mr Kim's house and to our shock we found fingerprints on Mr Kim's cup. We went back to the office and tested our evidence. We had 3 suspects; Camilla, James and Ethan. I was sure that the suspect Camilla wasn’t my boss Camilla. She wouldn’t murder someone right?

A few weeks later we interviewed all of our suspects via online meetings. They all had their cameras off so we didn’t know what they looked like. It was only a few days later that we found the person that had the matching fingerprints and I was nervous to know that it was Camilla. Is this murderer really my boss? All my questions were going to be answered the next day.

Today I came early to the court and I was shocked to see CAMILLA MY BOSS!
Has my boss murdered Mr Kim? Why? I had so many questions and I felt really dizzy.
When it started I was just too speechless to say anything. We argued and argued until Camilla admitted it and said that Mr Kim had to do an urgent surgery on her best friend Anna but I was too late and with that being said, Camilla got dragged away.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!