The Boy And The Octopus

The beach, a wonderful place where all you hear is the sea roaring with extraordinary sea creatures. “WAHOO!” SPLASH!
“Mark, it's time to go,” said Mark's mum.
“But Mum,” said Mark.
“Fine, five more minutes,” said Mark's mum.
“Huh?” said Mark. “What is that sound?” Mark saw an octopus. “Oh hello little octopus,” said Mark. “I'm gonna call you Octy.”
“MARK, WE'RE GOING HOME NOW!” yelled Mark's mum.
“Bye Octy, see you soon!” said Mark in a cheerful voice.
A week later, Mark and his mum returned to the beach. “Have fun!” said Mark’s mum.
“Octy! OCTY!” yelled Mark. “AHHHH! Oh it’s just you Octy. Why don't we build a sandcastle?” So Mark and Octy enjoyed spending time together building a sandcastle.
“TIME TO GO NOW!” yelled Mark’s Mum.
“Bye Octy, see you soon,” said Mark.
When they arrived home Mark’s mum had some exciting news. “Hey Mark, I’ve got something to tell you… We’re moving!”
“WHAT?” yelled Mark with anger.
“That’s right…WE'RE MOVING!” said Mark’s Mum.
“WHAT?” yelled Mark with anger again.
“We're moving.” said Mark's Mum.
“WHAT?” said Mark with anger once again.
“You don’t sound so happy,” said Mark’s Mum.
“BECAUSE I’M NOT!” yelled Mark.
“By the way, we're going in two days.” said Mark's Mum.
“Two days!” yelled Mark. “If you need me I'll be in my room!” *SLAM!*
ONE DAY LATER AT THE BEACH
“Hey Octy, this is the last time you will see me. You're probably wondering why. My mum and I are moving. Bye Octy,” said Mark with a sad face.
‘Why is Mark sad?’ thought Octy. ‘Mark’s not leaving because I'm coming with him…’
On the day they were leaving, Mark asked, “Mum, why do we have to leave?”
“Because the mice keep eating our food. Now pack your suitcase before the mice eat your clothes,” said Mark's Mum.
MEANWHILE…. ‘Okay, how do I get in?’ thought Octy. ‘Oh, the window’s open and so is the suitcase, nice!’ Octy jumped into the window and landed in the suitcase right before Mark closed it. ‘Gee, it's pretty dark in here,’ thought Octy.
“Mark, it's time to get in the car!” yelled Mark’s Mum.
“Okay Mum!” replied Mark. Mark put his suitcase in the back of the car. So did Mark’s Mum. It was a long drive and Mark slept all the way.
“Mark, wake up. Mark, MARK!” yelled Mark’s Mum. “We're here!”
“Huh? Oh okay,” said Mark in a tired voice.
Upstairs, Mum yelled out to Mark. “Unpack your suitcase!”
“Okay,” said Mark. He opened up his suitcase with a surprise. “AHHH!” yelled Mark in a surprised voice. “Octy! It’s you!”
“WHAT’S HAPPENING?” yelled Mark’s Mum. “AHHH! AN OCTOPUS, KILL IT!”
“No! He's my friend!” yelled Mark.
“But why an octopus?” asked Mark’s Mum.
“Eh,” replied Mark. Octy, Mark and his mum thought it was time for a group hug. Sometimes friendship is everywhere.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!