The Adventure

Treson wakes up from his nightmare, shivering and covered in sweat. BEEP BEEEP. CLICK. Treson turned off his alarm clock and dressed for the day. Walking into the kitchen, Treson saw his step mum, Elisabeth, looking at him. “Treson, I think you’re ready to learn about what happened when you were young,” said Elisabeth. “I’m listening," said Treson. Elisabeth told Treson about how his caring mother, Isobel, left Treson on her doorstep to protect him from the monsters that were hunting her. Clearly, Treson was shocked. He thought to himself, ‘I will go into the abandoned forest and save my mum. I don’t care if there are monsters. I am not leaving my mum to die without me being there.’ He left immediately after breakfast.
Standing at the edge of the forest, Treson grabbed out his flashlight and headed into the unknown. With each step he took, he felt like someone or something was watching him. Treson turned a corner and saw something watching him. Hungry red eyes and a big toothy mouth were gaping at him. Treson turned and ran.
Treson ran nonstop through the night. Almost out of energy, he realised there were more and more things chasing him. Treson kept running until he could run no more. The things surrounded him. Treson stopped and looked for an escape. He found a spot that was not blocked by one of the creature things. Treson ran for the escape and jumped in a bush to hide. Many of the things passed right by but one stopped and looked straight at the bush Treson was hiding in. After a minute, the thing walked away and Treson let out a breath that he didn’t know he was holding. He climbed out of the bush and crept forward.
In the distance, Treson saw a tree house and began to run toward it. He climbed to the top of the tree house. He saw a figure laying on the floor. In her face, he could see his own reflection. He realised it was his mother. He leaned over her body and said “Mum? It’s me, Treson. I love you mum.” A faint voice responded, “Oh, you’re a brave boy. I love you too my son.” Then he heard one last breath from his dying mother. Treson got up and carried his mother’s body home.
When Treson arrived home carrying his mother’s body, everyone was shocked that he had survived. He told the town about the journey through the forest. One of the town’s people said that Treson’s mother married a god that lived in the forest called Triston. He was the god of all gods. Triston had every power of every god there ever was. Triston and Isobel had a child called Treson. The crowd went silent. Treson realised at the same time as the crowd that he was half god, half human. His god side wasn’t just an ordinary god though. He was the god of all gods, like his father.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!