Icy Wonder And The Rescue Flamingos

Excellence Award in the 'Unleashed 2022' competition

Isabelle Wong, Derrick Smith and Samuel Sheen were all best friends. They were ordinary kids that lived in a beautiful place called Rainbow Town, overlooking the sea. Or so they thought. It turns out that they actually had superpowers and fought super-villains like pro’s.
“Happy 13th Birthday Isabelle”, said Samuel cheerfully, handing her a neat shaped present. “Come in Samuel”, she laughed. “Derrick is already here”, she told him, walking past some flamingo balloons. “Woof” barked Isabelle’s dog, Isaac, excitedly. Suddenly, a whisper-shout came from behind them. “Izzy, Sam, there’s another monster to battle!” called Derrick.
Ten seconds later, Icy Wonder, Dasher Smasher and Super Slicer rushed out of Icy Wonder’s house to face Monster Green Slime, the newest villain monster head on. Monster Green Slime came from Monster Land, seven kilometres from Rainbow Town. Little did the superheroes know that some of their magic dust had landed on Icy Wonder’s flamingo balloons during the fight, causing them to come to life!
Meanwhile, Icy Wonder tried to freeze Monster Green Slime into an ice cube. Dasher Smasher tried to run around him with his awesome running, to make him dizzy and crash into a building. Lastly, Super Slicer tried to throw his sharp blades at Monster Green Slime to cut him up into little pieces. But unfortunately, this was the first time they could not defeat a monster.
Suddenly, Monster Green Slime was attracted to some extremely beautiful pink birds. He turned around and started chasing them. The superheroes were surprised to see a baby and daddy flamingo flying in the sky, distracting Monster Green Slime. It dawned on Icy Wonder that they were her flamingo birthday balloons! The superheroes quickly ran towards them. Daddy and baby flamingo flew as fast as they could towards a cliff, making sure the monster followed them closely behind. Then, the superheroes heard a magnificent roar, and saw Monster Green Slime grab daddy flamingo’s leg from behind. They both fell over the cliff and Splash! “Daddy..!” screamed baby in terror. Everyone fell silent. All they could hear was the gentle sobs of baby.
A few moments later there came a ‘Squawk! Squawk!” Icy Wonder looked up. There was daddy flamingo with a huge grin on his face!! He had managed to escape the monster with his awesome flying skills! Everybody then rushed to the side of the cliff, just in time to see Monster Green Slime get washed away by the ocean. They cheered and clapped for the rescue flamingos, the newest heroes of Rainbow Town!
Finally, Rainbow Town was safe again. Inside Isabelle’s house, Derrick, Samuel and Isabelle gobbled down pizza, sweets, fruit and cake like the monster had never come. Daddy and baby flamingo were having a party too! They winked at each other, as to say “Wow! What an amazing experience we had today”, and enjoyed their cookies and milk…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!