Ongoing Nightmare

Breeze was flowing through the air; the strong cold atmosphere blows a brush of my hair. I shivered and tumbled while walking through the brass monkey weather, I walked upon the pathway where everyone can take one look at my long baggy pants and jacket.
I walked with my head down, I was rather a gauche insecure teenage girl. I sat on a bench with one engaging tree in front of me as I lay my huge bag on the ground’s dirt. Suddenly the bell rang and I hurriedly went to my class. I suddenly fell into the depths and saw a glimpse of light, I widen my eyes and was outside.
“Lanh!” I hesitantly looked behind me, my heart skipped a beat, it was my mother with a bright smile on her face I wondered why, she grabbed my hand and ran. I looked around us, it was magical, the air felt warm and the atmosphere was nice as ever, I feel the breeze blowing my silky hair away from my face, I had completely forgot my existence.
Hours later we still ran, it started to get darker, the breeze became colder as my whole body froze as it never did before. I stopped and gasp for air, I bended down and saw a shadow growing behind my back, I looked up as the engaging tree grows out of its sprout and a bench right there for me. I grabbed my mother’s hands and settled her on the bench. I watched thousands of stars above us as they twinkled one by one, I used my fingers and connected them as constellation and fell asleep.
I woke up and my mother disappeared. I was alone on the bench as the raindrops falls on me, I saw light nearby, it glittered and shined so bright beckoning me to come over. I walked towards the bright light as the raindrops disappeared, a house appeared and the breeze became warmer. I walked towards the door and entered in.
I saw a clock on the pillar which was 4:25pm, there were animals crowding around the fox corpse as its blood poured out. I looked behind my back, I saw my mom holding a pistol with her left eye twitching, she raised it. As the pistol face pointed towards me, without hesitation BANG-BANG-BANG.
I woke up and was in my room, it was cold and the atmosphere was unbelievable, my sweat dripped on my blanket. I heard heavy footsteps as it came towards my door closer. As I last remembered it sounded very similar to my relatives but I didn’t know who, the door handles broke and the door opened widely. I saw my mother, her eyes glared at me as if I did something. She pointed a similar pistol towards me, I closed my eyes. BANG! I opened them slowly and saw a sudden small figure. It was my younger cousin, I laughed and fell on my bed… Such a nightmare.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!