Imagine

One cold and windy day a young girl called Emily Winchester looked out of her window to admire the soothing whitsels of the wind woosh past the small cottage she called home. Nothing had changed in the past years she had lived there. When suddenly she heard her Granny Rosa call for help. Emily knew she had to do something but what would she do? She rushed down the stairs like a hurricane. Until she found Granny Rosa lying on the stone cold floor. Her heart was racing like a stampede and her eyes were shut. Emily was so worried and frightened she thought she would lose Granny Rosa.

Slowly the rain outside stopped all of a sudden and Granny Rosa’s teacup cabinet shook like mad. Emily knew that something was going on and she had to fix it. CRACK! Emily looked up and saw Granny Rosa’s favourite tea cup on the floor broken to pieces. She picked up the last pieces left of the teacup. Emily felt a slight tingle in her left shoulder when she was taken into a whirlpool of mythical creatures of all different shapes and sizes.

The next thing she knew she was riding on the back of a rose gold pegasus. “Hello I am your royal guardian”. Said the pegasus as she glided towards a glittering castle. “My name is Alexa”. “Hi my name is Emily”. “What a happy sounding name”. As they got closer the castle got brighter. “Are we heading to a castle”? Asked Emily. “We sure are”. Answered Alexa. “Why are we going there”?“Because it is the queen’s birthday”. When the two friends landed everything was dark. Then Emily opened her eyes and looked around.

She ran down the stairs and saw the teacup cabinet all perfect, Granny Rosa was sitting in her armchair sipping tea and nothing was broken. After she had finished her breakfast she told Granny Rosa all about her big dream and she was happy for the rest of the day.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!