Experiment 1089

“Next, good job. Next, poorly done. Next, great job Insanita.” Insanita was a girl, not a normal one, she was an experiment. Created as a key to save a feud between two opposite worlds, for now, she was just an experiment at an asylum. The asylum was all Insanita knew, the cold blank white walls of her chamber, well, primarily blank, if you didn't count the aged blood stains of other failed experiments before her, no smells though. She was an experiment for the government, her DNA was merged with an overpowered demon’s to become the ultimate being, and she was told all this was to bring peace between the humans of earth and people from a magical dimension she was given very little information about. But from what she heard with the superhearing she possessed she was to marry someone as a peace treaty with the two worlds, as if, Insanita had other plans.

She wanted to create her realm to rule over, as the ultimate being, she could easily escape the asylum. With the powers of telekinesis, precognition, which was telling the future, shapeshifting into a demon, she had horns and a tail because of this, she could hide them anytime she wished, super speed and senses, superhuman strength and intelligence, night vision, and a recently developed venom spitting. After a couple of injections, Insanita was told to spit in a petri dish of agar gel with human DNA inside and was tested against a snake’s venom and a komodo dragon’s venom, and hers turned out to be the most deadly.

Mental explanation aside, she had all the chance of escaping the asylum, she could even sneak into the portal that connected her world to the world she’d have to travel to so she’d bring peace to the two worlds. She could camouflage easily, apparently, the people on the other side had horns on their heads, all she did was hide her tail, and dress however they dressed, and she’d be alright.

She was thinking about what life as a normal teenage girl like her would do at night, she’d probably be texting her friends, talking about boys, fashion, arguing about the silliest things, and then dying of laughter. She could've had this life if she wasn’t left at the asylum’s doorstep, "all about the luck of draw" they say. This was going around in her head until a loud bang interrupted her, there was yelling from the professors and guards. That's when the lights went out, she could see fine, of course, she had night vision. Insanita heard the hissing of the metal door opening, where 3, no 4, no, 5 figures stood, she saw their eyes glowing ominously in the dark. She stood hastily, ready to engage in combat if she needed. Then one of the 5 figures reached out and she froze, immobile, like a statue, then the tallest of the 5 stood behind her. Then everything went black as night, what happened?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!