Silver


I love rainy days. The water calls to me and pelts slowly outside the Manor, or rather, my parent’s luxurious estate in the woods.

Hello, I am Serenity Silver Argent. I have always placed doubt into my name as to why my parents named me Silver Argent when the family name is “William Hickson”.

My sister, Darla William Hickson, has always been above me. My destiny is to be like her, nicer, happier, stronger, and just better- although I know I never will.

She has a unique gift that is received by a comet sent down every 25 years. Hers was the ability to sing and call to light and form shapes and anything she wished with it. They say we were born on the same day, so I received a gift too. However, my household did not look kindly upon my talent, which could do the same thing as Darla but with shadows. They have strictly forbid me to use my talent, while Darla gets to sing and play with her light hours at a time.

They always told me that I would leave the house when I turn 16 and Darla will inherit the property because I was dirtying their last name. Unfortunately, Darla is none the nicer and would do anything to get Mother and Father’s affection.

I run outside and dance in the rain. Only a few minutes later,I hear the calls of my Mother.
I dash back inside and into my room, only to see Darla standing on the ruffled carpet and holding an exquisite piece of someone’s jewelry.

“Ahem, I didn't see you there sister! What are you holding?” I ask.

After I see the item, I gasp in pure horror.

She smirks at me and plunges her hand into my face.

I try to stop her, but everything goes dark.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!