Wings And A Horn

Eldritch capital high. The place to be .Claris scoffed. not with her experience.It was her first day in year 9 and Claris wished she had never lived in Eldritch capital. Apparently Eldritch capital was the perfect place for kids, that's only if your kids like being bullied. Flashbacks from the last 2 years hit her. She shook off the thought. “Today is a fresh start,” Claris thought.

“Lilly Jessie whats up”Claris yelled from across the yard. The three ran to meet in the middle.“Hi Claris and absolutely nothing”admitted Lilly and her goofy grin turned into the face of a bored puppy with nothing to chew ”apart from that I ripped a couple of barbie heads off last night until my mum told me to stop!”she continued and with that her face flickered back to life!

“You okay jess?”Claris questioned.”nervous?”
“Spot on”she replied”I’ve got the write4fun finals today and I think the nerves are really starting to get to me”
“I get it, that happened to me when it was the jnr IT finals”Claris found herself admitting

Lily poked her head through Claris and jessica's heads and stated that they were going to be late for class

After six long hours of school the day was finally over and the three girls trudged along the path all the way to the pond they talked and snacked for hours until Lily and jessi had to go home.
‘Good’ thought claris she needed some alone time

Claris had a secret, a huge one, one that nobody could know. 3 years ago when this whole thing started she had asked her father what would he do if some person that had magic turned up and his answer still shook her bones ‘I would turn them in to the Eldritch queen of course’ he had replied
“Even if it was your own daughter” she whispered pulling herself back to the present resenting her father

Before she knew it a bronze glow was forming around her until the light settled and left her with sparkling wings and a horn. She knew that if she told someone she was an alicorn they would turn her into . . . the Eldritch queen. The ruler of all atville land.
Claris wandered back home and thought ‘am I the only one? Or is there someone somewhere like me’

She wandered down the street and through the front door. She wandered through the hallway and to the back door wondering that. When she got to the door she got her answer

She found two figures huddled together with a rose gold and baby blue light settling over them. Perched on top their heads were 2 magnificent glowing horns
“It's called stardust,”her mothers soft voice answered
“Come” her father whispered, beckoning her to sit with them in the moonlight. And she did but as she did so she realised she had never felt more at home than right now.
With family.
Her family.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!