The Cape York Fairy

Once in a grand, tiny house there lived a hot, sweaty fairy named Pajinka. Her house was in a leafy, lush rainforest in Cape York.
One day Pajinka was swimming in a clear, refreshing waterfall when she met a glum, miserable fish named Walter. Walter told Pajinka that his home was disappearing because the water was getting shallow. “Oh no! That’s so sad! I can help you investigate” said Pajinka.
First she went and saw Shelly the turtle in her charcoal cave at the edge of Twin Falls. Pajinka asked Shelly if she knew about the problem with the disappearing water. “Nah” said Shelly who was munching on salty seaweed puffs.
Next Pajinka flew to the grassy plains where Peck the emu lived. She was soooo busy practising her fascinating dance that she didn’t hear Pajinka! So Pajinka used one of Peck’s feathers to tickle her. “Oh, I’m so sorry I didn’t hear you Pajinka. I was busy doing my dance” said Peck. “That’s ok. I am here to ask you if you can do a rain dance because the waterfall is disappearing” said Pajinka. “Of course I can help you do a rain dance Pajinka. I’d love to. So let’s get started. A one, a two, a one, two, three, four! Swish swash, plip plop, drip drop, SPLASH!”
Pajinka heard ZAP! Sparkles filled the air. Then the sky was dark and…it started raining! Hooray! Then it was a wall of rain. Double hooray! “Thanks Peck for showing me the rain dance!”
Pajinka flew back to the Falls and Walter was so hopeful that there would be enough rain to save his home. “Thanks so much Pajinka” said Walter. That whole afternoon they played merrily in the gushing water.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!