The Mafia

Jay could hear the commotion in the village as well as birds chirping overhead and the wind meandering through the sky like a lost kid. He could feel the cold breeze play with his hair and the dirt below his feet. He could see the little houses squished together and the trees in the distance dance like ballerinas on stage in the wind. He could smell the smoke coming from the campfires ahead and the cooked fish from the campfires also. Jay lived in a small village with his parents and sister, they lived in a house with metal sheets put together as walls and leaves and reeds for a roof. They live in poverty so Jay is the money earner in his family. He does jobs around the neighbourhood like fishing, building, around the house jobs for elderly people and helps the wise karate master in the dojo which earns him stuff like food and money for his family.

“Hey Jay, Have you seen your sister?”. Jay's mother asked “No”. Jay said. Jay looked all around the house in the house and around the neighbourhood until he went back into the house and found a note beside the bed saying ‘Try to get your sister back you won't be able to, she's being experimented on’. Jay froze in shock and fear. Beep! Beep! Beep! Jay calls 110 on the local payphone and tells the police everything that had just happened “Sorry we can’t do anything about it” the police said. Jay was heart broken, who would save his sister he thought to himself…me.

Jay starts walking to the dojo as all his emotions go through his head, “Should I do this?”. He questioned himself. “Yes”. He reaches for the door handle and pulls it back confidently, “Jay”. The wise karate master said. ”What brings you into the dojo today, Work?”. “No”. Jay said. “I’m here to train”. So he starts training hard everyday for at least 6 hours until he reaches black belt. Jay bowed and thanked his master for his training and left to go and see if he had enough to fly to the mafia headquarters “Yes! Jay exclaimed “I have just the right amount to fly on the aeroplane”. Jay started packing with bottles of water, food and the money and set off with his adventure.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!