Holden

Vroom!! Holdens end of the road? Camaro replacing Holden? What's wrong with this country (Australia)? Holden, a 165 year old Aussie car retired in Australia on the 20th of October 2017 Holden closes its doors forever on the biggest production factory in Australia (Elizabeth plant South Australia) in the eyes of most, Holden is officially dead. Today I'm informing you Holden supported race car drivers, the fastest Aussie car, Holden plants shutdown, interesting facts, 1 must have Holden cars,the most popular Holden buys ,the history of where it all began and their aim and much much more.

Holden race car drivers.
Jamie whincup. Jamie Whincup is 38 years of age and the best aussie race car driver. He has 123 wins under the hood. He drives a Holden ZB Commodore with fuel injected 5.0litre 8 cylinder (V8) which can produce 635hp (horsepower). Car number 88

Craig Lowndes. Craig Lowndes (retired) is an iconic racer in Australia. He is 37 years old and only has110 wins under the bonnet and he drives Holden vf commodore the engine is a 4.5 litre 8 cylinder (V8) which can produce 537 hp (horsepower). Car number888


Mark Winterbottom. Mark winterbottom or frosty as his nickname. Frosty is one of the oldest V8 supercar drivers in Australia he is 40 years of age He drives a Holden ZB Commodore with fuel injected 5.0litre 8 cylinder (V8) which can produce 635hp (horsepower) and only has 38 wins.

Shane vangisbergan. Shane van Gisbergen is from New Zealand and is only 32 years old and has 50 wins and He drives a Holden ZB Commodore with fuel injected 5.0litre 8 cylinder (V8) which can produce 635hp (horsepower).

The fastest Aussie car is a HSV Gtsr W1 which was made in 2015 and has a 6.2 litreV8 which is the same engine as a Chevrolet Camaro which can create 645 hp (horsepower). This HSV can reach speeds of 250 kilometres with an electronic limiter. Without the electronic limiter it can reach speeds of 293 kilometres per hour.

Holden factories. Holden factories were located in melbourne, western australia, northern territory and the biggest plant in south australia. The biggest factory shutdown was in south australia on the 20th of October 2017 when the elizabeth plant shutdown which caused 960 people to lose their jobs. The CEO's quote was “we are strong, we are resilient, good luck ahead”. Also as Jimmy Barnes sees it in his eyes is their shutting down our town.

In conclusion Holden was a massive motor group that changed Australian history forever.And left a mark in every Aussies heart ask anyone. Hopefully there will be another Holden someday.
Sources:merewether mufflers,holden.com,carsguide and drive.com.au

could write more

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!