Mushroom Tales

It was about 6 in the morning, Jasper National Park was quiet and still. Lazuli was picking mushrooms from the damp ground. “Morning Lazuli” called Mossy, “You’re up early!” “Hi Mossy, I’m just picking some mushrooms” replied Lazuli. “What for?” Mossy asked “Breakfast!” said Lazuli, “It’s going to be delicious!” “Seems like it” replies Mossy. “Yep!” says Lazuli. “Have a nice day Mossy!” called Lazuli as he trotted back home.
****
Back at home, the fresh aroma of oil fills the air. Lazuli is making roasted mushrooms with tomatoes. “Yum!” cried Lazuli. “This is delicious!” he said as he had his first taste. KNOCK! KNOCK! “WHAT WAS THAT!?” demanded Lazuli. “Was that the door?” He rushes to the front door but there was nothing there, nothing apart from a barrel with dangerous chemicals.
“Huh? Who left this?” asked Lazuli. He picked up the barrel and… SPLAT! Fell flat on his face, his shoe had gotten tangled in some weeds and the chemicals had poured all over them. “I’ll clean up later” suggested Lazuli
****
It was the next morning and Lazuli was woken by a loud roar coming from the front yard. “What was that sound?” Wondered Lazuli, he rushed to the door, only to find Kevlar, a weed monster. Lazuli let out a cry as he was picked up by this enormous creature. “Will he eat me? Will he let me be?” Both of these thoughts whooshed around in Lazuli’s mind as they slowly walked to the front yard. Finally they reached the front yard. Lazuli was dropped with a gentle THUD! on the concrete step. Kevlar let out a loud roar as if wanting a battle. Does he want to fight?
Lazuli wondered, suddenly Kevlar made a fist with his claw.
To Be Continued…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!