The Water

I tried to tell them. Tried to convince them. But, they just wouldn't listen. With the ozone layer crumbling and the sea levels rising, but their stubborn nature denied all the signs. The warnings... But, my days of suffering are over...

I lay in a field of white dandelions. I can hear water lapping at the surface. I try to relish the soft grass brushing against my cheek. I sit up and watch the sun fade away from the horizon one last time. My fingers brush the tips of the silky dandelions. I pick one up and twirl it around my fingers. I wish that this moment could last forever. I walk to edge and dipped my toes into the cold water. The water soaked through the thin fabric of my clothes as I climbed into the everlasting blue. I had one last glimpse at the narrow stretch of land before I ducked my head under the water, letting the current take me away. I was at peace now...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!