Dilapidated Hut

Me and my friend Tahlia ran to school since we were going to be late, while we were sprinting, we ran into our four best friends, Millie, Aubrey, Charli, Mia and Izzy. After discussing it, we decided to skip class.
So, we took off in the other direction and hid in the woods where no one would find us. We played a game of truth or dare after locating a seat. In the middle of the woods, next to an ancient, dilapidated hut, Aubrey and Mia dared Millie, Charli and Izzy to enter. Izzy responded “NO WAY” like she always does, and Aubrey became irritated with her because she always leaves.
When Aubrey turned back to enquire about Millie and Charli's opinions, they were already gone… We hurried to find them, but we couldn’t, that’s when we realised they went into the hut…
We stood around in the chilly wind in front of the gloomy hut.
Aubrey said that Izzy should go into the hut to find them. Izzy replied, “NO WAY it’s way too scary in there” and stormed off. Aubrey was raging mad. And replied with this. “Well maybe if you weren’t such a scaredy cat you would go in Izzy.” “You know what Aubrey if it's not that scary why don’t you go in?” Izzy shot back at her, Aubrey went silent. After that I decided to take one for the team and go in and by “I” I mean me and Tahlia, it took some convincing, but she came in with me. We walked up to the old creepy hut.
I put one foot in when something pulled me in. It was Millie. I was about to scream when she shushed me. “Shhh don’t say a word” Millie whispered. “Why?” I whispered in anger “You scared the life out of everyone.”
“I know. I know but someone lives here” she whispered. “So you decided to stay in the house and then PULL ME IN LIKE SOME MANIAC?” “SHHH I hear footsteps” Millie said quietly. I hold my breath trying to be as still and quiet as physically possible. While Millie might as well be throwing herself in the woman’s arms. She was even filming when the woman went into the other room, I tried to drag Millie out of there but instead she ran upstairs. Why did I skip school?
Millie was my best friend, and I couldn’t just leave her so the woman could do some witchy stuff with her.
I rushed up after and found her in a bedroom looking at all these witchy bottles. Kind of like that stuff you see in the movies, as Millie put the bottle down, I heard footsteps. I took Millie’s hand, dragged her under the bed and told her to be quiet otherwise she would be dead.
But that was a mistake to say because the lady heard me and dragged us out, so I bit her crusty musty feet! Took Millie and ran with everyone.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!