The Cloud Abyss

Days had passed since the latest ambush on the scaled beast, the Cloud Flaner. James, one of the element warriors had been keeping the fierce bounty hunter away from the cloud abyss, Element Warriors going by their name, were warriors with the power of water, fire, wind, nature and lightning.
James steadily sliced down the green curtains of nature, vines which were used for humans to hunt animals and capture them by using it like a net. Suddenly, a faint figure darted rapidly towards James, he felt for his dagger but was frozen in fear with a stunned look on his face.
It was Cloud Flaner in front of him glaring with his beady eyes.
" I’m... James, an element warrior trying to protect you", James stammered fearfully.
"Roar!”, replied the dragon gazing at the clouds, it suddenly picked James with its falcon like talons as it flopped James on his back and sped into the air leaving the ground far below them.
James glanced at the ground and scornfully boomed bravely, "How dare you try to follow us!". The hunter on the ground scowled as he took a chain harpoon off his belt and swung it at the reptile who dodged with ease as it swooped down eager to rip apart the hunter with jaws. The dragon exploded with anger as it fired long distance ranges of fire at the amazed human in surprise. Yells came from the wounded hunter as roared in pain and agony trying to get up but was knocked out cold after the warrior took a hook with his fist at the smartest part of the dumb mammal.
The cloud Flaner led James on his back up to the clouds... and as they rose above the clouds to find a furious wizard there with volcanoes exploding in his head as he turned red with anger, "Give me that dragon!", he ordered as he pointed to Cloud Flaner, James hesitated but then swung his sword at the Wizard, " You dare to challenge me!", he declared hastily, within a second Cloud Flaner slapped the wizard on the ground with his scaly tail glistening like sparks of a fire the Wizard yelled, dropping his wand but James used the power of the wind to lift it to him. "Now I can make the world a better place." he said.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!