The Night Zoo - Spark The Whispering And Time - Travelling Wolf

Spark was wandering through the Wandering woods as he felt the cold wet pebbles underneath his feet and the soft green moss gently tapping his paws as he glided through the woods. He smelt the essence of damp moss and the touch of rainwater that was still gently dripping off the blue leafed trees.
As Spark walked to his underground home, he could hear the light ticking of his watch echo throughout the woods. Tick, tick, tick… Spark looked at his reflection in the enchanted lightly colored blue crystal clear river before moving on to his den with vines reaching down to the undergrowth of grass covering the entrance to the den.
The forest was a calm place and maybe even the safest…
Now, like any day in the forest, Spark was minding his own time travelling wolf business when all of a sudden before Spark could even get into his den, the next door neighbor (no doubt this would’ve happened) grumpy old Mr. Hoot came whooshing like a dragon down from his tree right towards Spark! “Watch out ya donkey!” hissed Mr. Hoot right before crashing into Spark and mortally wounding him.
Mr. Hoot was laying hopelessly on the ground wings open and everything. He stood up and started brushing at his old clothing whilst saying “I told you to watch out! Can’t you see I was trying to-“ Mr. Hoot looked down at Spark laying down on the bright green grass no movement at all. “Oh no! Oh no! I could get kicked out of the forest by the Leopard Queen if anyone found Spark laying on the ground like that!” Mr. Hoot started running around like a pork chop, his mind racing with ideas on how to heal Spark!
The old owl paused. He tumbled over to Spark and put his ear to his heart. It was slowing down… beat… by… beat. Mr. Hoot had an idea! But if his Idea didn’t work then he would be in big, big trouble.
Mr. Hoot dragged Spark over to the enchanted river. He looked at his reflection in the clear river before carefully putting Spark into position at the edge of the shallow end of the river and lifted up Sparks front leg before pouring the potion all over Sparks magic watch.
Soon after, minutes past, then minutes turned into hours and hours turned into days... Spark still hadn’t recovered.
It was when Mr. Hoot was giving up hope when suddenly… The watch on Sparks front leg glowed bright blue! It kept glowing bright blue then fading again. It kept doing this for a while. A few minutes later it suddenly stopped. Sparks ear twitched, then his eyes opened, he was alive! “It’s a miracle! You’re okay!”
Later that day, Spark was sitting in his den thinking about his day and all the days to come. Spark would tell everyone the story with his whispering powers.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!