The Mysterious Hole

Milly woke up and got ready for school as per usual. Every morning, she would walk to her friend Kate’s house for breakfast. Today though, Kate decided she wanted to give Milly a big fright by hiding before she arrived. As Milly approached the front door, Kate jumped out. “Ahhh!” screamed Milly before giggling at Kate and herself.
After breakfast, Kate and Milly walked to school together. “Great timing! We are just in time for school!” Kate said calmly as she gazed at her watch. That’s when they saw a boy who Kate and Milly had never seen before at school. The girls decided to introduce themselves. “Hi! My name is Milly, what’s your name?” she asked excitedly. The boy looked nervous, “My name is Craig.” he replied. Kate attempted to introduce herself, “Um…ahh…AHHHH!” she squealed. Kate had fallen through a mysterious hole. “Kate! Are you okay?” yelled Milly. Craig seemed worried. “HELP! I CAN’T SEE A THING!” replied Kate. Craig stuck his head into hole and said, “it is totally dark inside… hey! Do you have a phone to use as a light?” Kate felt her pockets. “Yes, I do.” Suddenly, Milly screamed, “AHHHHHH!” She too had fallen! “Um, do you think I should try to come down as well?” Craig asked nervously. The girls encouraged Craig to carefully climb down until he found himself in another world.
Everywhere the students went, everything looked the same! Milly, Kate and Craig couldn’t find the way home. They continued walking, until suddenly a man appeared. “Excuse me sir. Do you know how we can get out? Because we fell into a hole that led us to your world and now, we don’t know where we are or how to get back!” said Craig politely. Then the man turned around as fast as a whip to face the three students. His eyes were a bright yellow, his hair was a mess, his teeth were crooked and some even missing. But worst of all the man smelt like rotten eggs... He didn’t acknowledge or respond to Craig. “I don’t think he understands English…” said Kate. Milly was quietly thinking of another language to use to communicate with the man. “Maybe he speaks another language, maybe… DUTCH?!” Kate looked as though she was going to puke from the horrendous smell. “I don’t care if it’s Dutch he speaks! I just want to go home!” shouted Kate.
With that, the man understood Kate concerns. He clapped his hands together and four portals appeared. Craig, Milly and Kate were in shock. The man then pointed to the third portal and said, “home.” The portal was like a window and on the other side was school. The three students thanked the man before walking through the portal.
Upon exiting the portal, a sign of relief was let out by Craig, Milly and Kate. Before having a chance to catch their breath, the principal shouted across the courtyard at the students to get to class.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!