The Monster In My House

THE MONSTER IN MY HOUSE

I was breathing hard. Running for my life. Behind me, it growled. A horrifying, bone shuddering, growl. As it clawed at me, I looked for an escape route. I stumbled into the garden. It was not a pretty sight. Scattered across the whole expanse of the yard were, BONES. Parched, old, crumbling, chewed, half-buried, bones. “My bedroom!” I thought. “If I could get from the garden and to my bedroom, I would be safe.” I started running for the front door. I was just about there, when a sudden jerk tripped me over! I looked down. I had tripped over my shoelaces! I scrambled to my hands and knees and looked behind me. Though I was only a few seconds, it had gained on me greatly. I started to scramble for the handle. I rocketed into the house and slammed the door. I sighed in relief, “SAFE.”. My relief didn’t last for long though. I knew that there would be more peril to come. I started walking to my room. I opened my door, and sighed again, but this time not in relief. Suddenly, I had an idea. “Maybe if I scare it enough, maybe, just maybe, I could get to my sister’s room and deploy a defense plan with her help,” I thought. I armored myself with nerf guns, pillows, and an old stick. Finally, I was ready. I slammed open my door and charged out of my room. Almost instantly, it was upon me. As I ran, it bumped into me, tripping me up. It launched itself onto me… AND STARTED LICKING MY FACE!! “Violet! Get off me!” I laughed. “You little monster!” Violet barked, rolling over onto her back. “Oh! You want a tummy-rub, do you?!” I laughed as I stroked her soft fur.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!