Sliding Down The Rainbow

So I rushed and sprinted away into the fog and rain. But then a funny feeling came over me. I felt like I was flying, no wait sliding on a slippery slide!!! Just then I realised it had stopped raining just a second ago it WAS raining! The sun came out from the clouds and a rainbow appeared. Then that funny feeling came over me again and this time I was flying!!! When I was above the rainbow I dropped. I went down and down and I looked like a shooting star! Then I landed on the rainbow and I imagined in my head a silver pot with all the colours at the end of the rainbow in a river! At the end of the river there would be a giant pot of gold. At the end of the rainbow I landed in a river but it was see through with a marble white and pink and at the end there was a meadow full of pink cows, yellow pigs, tabby cats and flowers it felt like a dream!!!
Just then I was sinking into the grass and all around me were swirling clouds and bright shiny stars then I was just standing in the rain! It was all in my head and i just stood there mouth open “WOW” i thought she ran back inside and sat down and told mum EVERYTHING! That night I lay in bed dreaming about sliding down the rainbow!!!

The next day I felt normal but then the fun began! As i was eating breakfast i had that funny feeling and this time it was strong and it got stronger!!! I told mum besides it was raining outside mum said “go outside take me with you show me if you really slid down the rainbow!” We both went outside and we both this time felt the funny feeling like we were flouting and siding on a slippery slide!! The funny feeling turned into reality and just like I said we were sliding down the rainbow! We landed in the marble water again but this time it was blue and black? “That's weird” I said but we moved on. I showed mum the animals and the cats but before I could show her the flowers we were sinking!!! We appeared in the swirly clouds and the bright shiny stars we landed back on earth mouth open and that night both of us were wondering and dreaming about sliding down the rainbow! The next day we did it again and again and there was different water every time we went!

After 36 moons there was a full moon and after that happened I never ever felt that funny feeling again and after that i never slid down the rainbow!!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!