The Library

Hi my names Lavender, Lavender Mummbles. And this is my story. I am a smart girl in year 6 and I LOVE books. I read them whenever I can. I'm also very adventurous which is why when I was told not to go into the abandoned library I really couldn't resist myself. When I got there I felt like an ant. The creepy library towered over me and I wondered why it looked so dark and haunted on such a sunny day. I walked up the stony path to the library but I worried that the door was locked. Luckily I was wrong. It was slightly ajar and easy to get into. I quietly shut the door and slowly turned around expecting to see something as dark and sad as the outside. For the second time today I was wrong. The beautiful sun was pouring through the glass roof and the room smelt quite pleasantly of daisies. There was a chandelier on the roof and a warm happy glow about the room that felt so joyful like it was just waiting for someone to come and read.

I decided to get my friend Jade, but as I turned to get Jade I realised that the door had disappeared. I was trapped. And then I heard it. It was faint but there. It was a call for help. I started to follow this mysterious plea that was growing louder along with my heart with each step. The voice was neither a boy or a girl, it was just a voice, a sad voice, that sounded lonely and cold. But there was something else. A thumping coming from a book on a nearby shelf. I walked over to the book and picked it out. It read “Attack of the beetles.” I opened the book and out crawled a small beetle. Then as I happily calmed down the beetle grew and wouldn't stop growing until it reached the size of a lion right before it started chasing me down the long isles of books. Because I still had the book in my hand I decided to try something I had seen on tv. I turned around, opened the book and shoved it in the Beatles face. Right before my eyes it shrank back to a normal beetle and got sucked right back into the book. Then I continued on my way, until after what felt like hours, I reached the back of the library where there was a tree with a nice apple on it that appeared to be glowing. I put my hand out and touched the apple then everything went black. Then I had a vision. The library was full of people until a witch put a spell on a book. Then I woke up and sprinted down the hallway, grabbed the book that I had seen in the vision and stabbed it with a pocket knife I always carry around with me. Then I waited but nothing happened…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!