The Flame


His heart, your heart has inspired me to write.
I love the way you lusted and loved and cared.
Now you overwhelm my mind through the night always dreaming you may change.
I do not miss you or the memories now.
Isn’t that strange?
Let me compare you to an unlit flame, even though you’re even more dark and cold.
why did I love this lifeless flame?
Maybe it's the manipulative crackles were burned or deceiving shadows you refuse to tame.
Perhaps I’m just a candle light fun? meaning of your game?
your flame is only lit when filled with rage.
Sometimes your flame is so intense I’d rather be in caged
The floating sparks of anger just graze my skin
I swear the Burns feel deeper almost as if it’s from within
I Can see those drops of melting wax melting by your side, I know you’re being lit by another I can see it inside.
Now I shall stay away with my burning heart. Remember my offered flame.
When she breaks your wick and worst of all your heart

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!