My Brilliant Birthday

My Brilliant Birthday

“Happy Birthday!” Wowza. My room looked truly stunning. Decorations and gifts covered my room. I started to blush profusely. Fortunately, the song finished and I could finally blow out the candles and wish. What did I want? A puppy? More splendid clothes? Ideas of any perfect gifts rushed into my head. However, opening the generously thoughtful gifts took a dreadfully long time. Although my boredom and patience were being put to the test, opening presents and finding money, clothes and gift cards cheered me up rapidly. Eventually, we opened up all the presents. Today was turning out to be an astonishingly enjoyable day! “Next stop… THE BEACH!” my dad happily exclaimed.

I loved watching the trees dance freely on the way to the glamorous beach. You could hear the sound of hundreds of cars revving as their car started. At the beach, the beautiful waves roared louder than a lion as the wind gently blew against my family and I’s faces. Unfortunately, we ran into a sizzling situation. As soon as one of our feet touched the scorching sand, we yelped for help desperately whilst looking like ‘disturbed animals’. This competent day is beginning to head in the wrong direction!

Lots of laughter was heard as many humiliating problems occurred. To begin our clown show, I instantly got sunburnt while I was having a lay down(due to the lack of sleep). Oh, nothing can get worse than that, right- WRONG. In the fortune of time we spent at the beach, this is what happened to me: I got bit by a crab, my pants fell off whilst I was swimming, I lost my hat, I called a random person ‘dad’ and in addition, I got sunscreen in my eyes. Pure humiliation was what our family offered and I couldn’t resist the urge to sprint to our car in a discomposing way.

We drove back home with some sort of solace although it was uncomfortably awkward. Over the next few entertaining hours, my amiable, childhood companions played with me contentedly at a trampoline park whilst my siblings gazed at me with pure envy. Sadly it was time to go back home where I found a shocking surprise labelled ‘John’ in front of my bedroom. Reluctantly I edged closer toward the mysterious, peculiar present and took a deep, resistant breath not knowing whether it was just my cheeky neighbour pranking me. I opened the gift and it consisted of…

“Woof woof,” Puppies! I gawked with glee at the endearing, adorable puppies and immediately the puppies loved me! I commenced playing joyfully with them and directly called my annoying siblings to greet my elegant, loving friends. Today proved to be a bewildering day and in addition to all the joy, I was also glad our exhilarating moments at the beach existed so my family and I could have a slight chuckle about it.
I honestly can’t wait to tell the world about my brilliant birthday.



FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!