Syrian Civil War

Although the Americans had been adamant to relinquish the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) from the Middle East. The Syrians have been rapidly decreasing in population as there is a multiple-way civil war killing hundreds of civilians. Iraq has been through multiple wars, affecting millions in the region. Although there is a large amount of humanitarian aid in the devastated area, the war in Ukraine, Taliban and Taiwan situation have been short-supplying the resistance.

A sudden BANG woke him up, multiple screams could be heard from afar. This decade-long conflict has certainly damaged Abu Kamal. Amir Ibrahim stumbled towards the doorway, wiping his eyes lazily. Sand blew with the wind against the house, covering the house in front of his. Today was hopefully his lucky day, where he could be freed from the hell of the war. Almost every day, multiple families were evacuated from the site. American-Turkish paratroopers have been securing the people as refugees, sending them to European Turkey. Kurdish revolutionaries have been dismantled in many local regions by the ISIS and Coalition, although the sympathizers continue to seize buildings. Amir packed his clothing and identification into a small duffle bag. Before Ibrahim had the ability to leave the collapsing, enclosed building, what sounded like multiple helicopters emerged from the white sound. Amir strolled outdoors and towards the sound.

“ Hey! Who are you? “ questioned an American paratrooper.
“ Amir Ibrahim “ Amir responded.
“ Identification?” requested the other American paratrooper. He handed the paratroopers his passport and visa. “ Alright. Get on. “ the American reluctantly stated. Amir boarded the helicopter with the Red Cross visual on the side. After 2 hours, around 50 others were transported with him over the battlefield. Ibrahim fell asleep due to being awoken early.

After traveling for what felt like days, the squadron of helicopters arrived just outside of a Turkish refugee camp. Amir found a way to be allowed to go to Istanbul to leave for another country. Ibrahim decided to go to the United States of America to pursue his dream of helping out his people. Due to him not being an official citizen, Amir was forced into creating an identification card and new visa.

Right after getting the visa and identification, Amir joined the United States Defense Force, where he trained continuously for multiple months straight. He left in 2022 to help rescue the trapped people. Over the past few months, he has rescued thousands of people, just like the American and Turkish paratroopers did to him and other families.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!