The Life Of A Peasant Boy

I walked down road, my lips cracking from a lack of water, I was skinny and didn't get much food. I kept my head down as I approached the bakery, trying not to be noticed. My mouth watered as I sniffed the fresh bread smell. I saw a loaf cooling on the window, my perfect chance to take it. I quickly snatched the bread, and dashed down the dry road, the baker cursing and at me as I scurried of, ducking into a alley. catching my breath, taking small nibbles of my bread. The bread was warm and so delicate, so soft. It was the best food I'd tasted in months. I new stealing was wrong, but it was the only way to survive here. I was 12 years old living in a slum, in London, without a family or a home.

I slept under a road bridge that night. It was cold, and the only thing I had was a small blanket, my mother made me as a small child. I gripped the blanket, trying not to think of what happened to my parents, they were killed by gang violence. I was 5 then, and I've been on the streets since. I jerked awake as I heard someone digging through my things. It was a boy, about couple years older me, and he had my bread. We locked eyes for a second before he dashed away. I chased after him, cursing him, as he disappearing into a alley. I followed him, but he wasn't alone. There were 5 other boy there, knives drawn, guns loaded.


I tried to leave, knowing that is wasn't worth losing my life, but they stopped me. "Hey where do you think your going mate" he said. I struggled to break free of his grasp but he was to big and to strong. "Please let me go, I don't want no trouble. I never did anything to ya." I begged. "Its to late for that". he replied. They tossed me to the ground, I curled into a ball as they kicked me hard. I cried in agony. "Were going to beat you to death, just like we did your mum and dad." My heart skipped a beat. These were the guys who killed my parents. My heart filled with rage. All I wanted to do was kill every single one of them. A uncontrollable strength filled me. I burst up swinging punches everywhere, not caring what happened to me. Somehow I got my hands on a gun, threatening all of them.

My finger on the trigger, ready to shoot, but I couldn't. Even with all this rage coursing through my veins I still couldn't. Suddenly one of the boys jumped at me I panicked and fired. BANG, I ducked in confusion. Covering my head wondering what happened. It was until I looked down at the boy a, bullet hole in his head. I ran as fast as I could knowing that I could never return to London again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!