The Brave Knight

Beachward was a small town in dragon ford. It was always a scorching hot day there. Cobblestone buildings surrounded the majestic water fountain. Pink, red, blue flowers danced with the wind, while bees buzzed around. Knights stood in front of the town protecting the village.
Sam was a trainee knight. He had fluffy orange hair with green eyes like emeralds. Sam was as strong as the mighty hulk. He could lift 2 cows! But no one paid attention to him.
One day while Sam was practicing, an older boy approached him. Brody. Sam started to panic; his body trembles as if he was in the North Pole. What was going to happen? Brody aggressively grabs him and throws him into the nearby water fountain. Splash! ‘HAHA’ he laughs as Brody’s friends watch what happened in amusement. Sam’s cold cheeks turn red as an apple. He hides his face using his shivering hands.
Luckily Sam’s mate was nearby. “Go pick on someone your own size!” shouted Jack. Brody starts to copy him in a squeaky voice, all his friends start to do the same. Jack pulls Sam out and they both run inside.
Tears fall down Sam’s face as Jack comforts him. He starts to tell Sam that he is the best trainee knight he has ever seen. Sam wipes off his tears and puts on a brave face. “I’m going to prove to everyone I am a KNIGHT!!” he yells.
“That’s the spirt,” laughs Jack.
The next day, a ferocious beast enters the town. The dragon’s big, flaming gold eyes caught everyone’s attention. Its yellow scales glistened in the sun, while its wings flapped a little. The whole town starts to panic, as they shout out “BEAST!! BEAST!!”
Sam wakes up, horrified from the commotion. Suddenly, the dragon lets out an ear-piercing roar as his wings start to flap faster and faster. Soon the dragon starts to fly up in the air, as its golden glowing eyes stared down at the people below. A burning, rage of fire shoots out from the dragon’s mouth. Burning a small section of the town, causing the fire to spread. Jack and Sam look at each other. They nod heads, Sam knew what to do. He quickly grabs his father’s old axe, while Jack runs to the middle of the crowd as Sam follows. Like a superhero Sam launches his body onto Jack’s. Jack throws him in the air as he raises the axe up in the sky.
The dragon lets out a huge roar of pain as Jack stabs the dragon with his dad’s old axe. Blood drips as the dragon flies away. The crowd shouts hooray for Sam! Even Brody and his friends start applauding. Sam is a brave knight.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!