The Backroom - Jamie Rogers

On one dark and gloomy night, I was sitting on my bed, chilling and watching TV. I was not meant to be awake. For some reason, I made the decision to go get some popcorn and watch a movie. And then I felt a sharp pain in my chest. It was a long, dark fog going through my chest. It started corrupting me and taking control of my body. Then I fell to the ground and passed out. When I woke up, I was in a cold, scary place. It looks very old and rusted out. Everything is a peculiar shade of brown. It kind of looked like the backrooms. I started hearing someone screeching for help, so I followed the sound to go look for it. As I get closer, I see a long, dark hallway and see a figure at the end.

I screamed out to it and told it to come to me. I realised as it drew nearer and nearer that it was not a human but rather a mysterious and terrifying monster. I ran as fast as I could, but it finally got me. It turned into some sort of ghost. Then it went through me. It felt intensely controlling and like something was transforming me into a different person as it entered my body. As I looked into a nearby mirror, I saw myself. I turned into a vicious, soul-eating green monster and my clothes turned all red, even my hat. As I was looking at my body, I saw I had a razor-sharp horn on my head. I looked like a devil. My face had changed a lot. I now had a giant mouth and bloody teeth. Then I looked into my eyes. They were soulless. There was pain everywhere in my body. It felt like someone had repeatedly stabbed me in the chest. Even though I gave it my all to fight the monster, I was ultimately unsuccessful. I was in my hometown when I abruptly woke up after falling asleep for a long time. Around me, there was nothing but blood and bones. I've only recently realised that the monster commandeered my body and obliterated my hometown. That was it. I had lost everything and everyone I loved.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!