The Accident

I look ahead, I take a deep breath then I send it full throttle, I fly across the up ramp and land on my back wheel. “Wow!” Luna yells. “That was amazing.” I pull up beside Luna and take my helmet off, I wipe the sweat off my head. “Yeah it was a close one, I thought I wasn’t going to make it.”
“I wish I could jump the big jumps” Luna sobbed. "Well if you keep jumping the little jumps you will get better and then you could have a go at jumping the bigger jumps,” I assured.
“Girls lunchtime!” Mum exclaimed. “Coming Mum,” I called back. We both went in and had a sausage for lunch. “Valleri can we go riding again?” Luna questioned. “Yeah but one of my friends are coming over soon” I stated. I pull out my phone to check for any new texts “Yes she said she is on the way.” ‘I just loaded my bike onto the trailer and we are now on the way.’
We rode around for a bit and then the dogs started to bark. ‘Yes’ I say in my head. Luna and I pull up. “Hi Winnie, how are you? I haven’t seen you in like forever” I exclaimed. “Same” Winnie replies. We unloaded Winnie’s bike and then we start riding. “I think I am ready to ride the big jumps!” Luna announces. “Are you sure?” Winnie questions. “No way, really, do you think this a good idea?” I say worried.
“Yeah I think so I want to fly through the air like a bird but most importantly I want to be like you.” Luna admits. “Luna you have Dance Competition on Monday you can’t afford to get hurt!” I snapped. “Whatever, I won’t get hurt, I‘ll make it.” Luna insisted. “No I don’t really think it is a good idea either.” Winnie adds. “Why don’t you text your Mum and ask her if you can jump it?” I suggested. “No! I am jumping it!” Luna yells. She speeds off on her bike and she goes around the track until she reaches the double jump, she jumps off the side of the jump and then she goes again.
She full throttles it and she stands up as she goes over the jump and crashes in the middle. “NO” Winnie and I scream, Mum runs out. Winnie and I ride over to her going as fast as our bikes will go. When we got over there Luna is curled up crying and she can’t move her arm. We pack the bikes away and all go to the hospital. Once we get there Winnie and I sit in the waiting room for a while. Luna’s parents made it to the hospital. Then Luna’s mum came out and gave us the bad news… Luna had broken her arm in two different spots and would have a cast for at least 6 weeks.
It was the worst news we have ever heard!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!