Runaway Rabbit

Once upon a time there lived a cute, friendly, white, mini lop rabbit called Oreo. She was a mischievous, little bunny with an adorable, bright pink tongue, and she lived with her sister Hoppa. One day Oreo's owner Amelia happened to be to be taking Oreo for a walk in her harness. Down the street they met a friendly neighbour called Tom. He was very surprised because she was walking a rabbit! Not a dog! They said, "hello" and told him about Oreo, then kept on walking. That afternoon Amelia moved Oreo's hutch onto a big patch of juicy, green grass in the front yard. But then disaster struck! Early the next morning Oreo was very naughty. She sneaked out of her hutch and hopped out onto the busy road! At that moment Tom was just about to get into his car when he spotted something white hopping down the middle of the road from the corner of his eye. It was Oreo. Tom knew who she was and who she belonged to. He got out of his car and quickly grabbed her. Tom walked across the road while holding Oreo and knocked on the door. He stood there for a few minutes wondering if anyone was home, and after a while Amelia answered. Tom explained what had happened to Oreo and Amelia felt irresponsible and shocked, but also very, very lucky. She and her family thanked Tom a hundred times and he went back to his car. Amelia was so happy to have Oreo back safe and sound. How lucky she was! And that was the story of the runaway rabbit.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!