The Dark Decision

The Dark Decision
As the sun peeked over the horizon I set off to an unknown destination. As I jumped out my window onto the emerald green grass and ran into the sunrise, sweat dripped down my forehead triaged along the ground. Every step I took crunched the leaves under my soles. It felt like a movie, surreal but only it wasn't . As the sound of the ocean drew closer and closer I could smell the salty sea. As I stepped on the opal white sand, I saw the burglar who broke into my house last night. Thoughts rushing in my head should I follow him but what if he hurts me? I wanted to go back but curiosity got the better of me and I followed him.

I saw him look around then he got rid of the leaves that concealed a brindle brown wooden boat. The vessel was constructed of wood and was made to transport only two people. It looked like he was going sailing, but it was in the middle of the night. As he sat in the boat I slowly ran along the pitch black beach and jumped in the boat hoping he didn’t see me.This was a dark decision. As soon as I got in, he and I were in a tangle fighting but in the end he won. He tied me up and blindfolded me. I was panic stricken.

After a while I heard a storm. The rain dripped on my head. As the feral storm sneered diabolically, the small boat was getting unstable. The storm was wrenching the waves into oblivion. My heart was pounding as if out of my chest, like never before, I knew I shouldn't have come out here, only if I listened to my folks.

Suddenly a big wave tilted the boat over. I somehow managed to remove my blindfold and clutched onto the wooden boat for dear life. As I was clutching the boat, I could see the man clearly now. His charcoal black hair, his turquoise blue eyes, his soft quartz skin and his stubble all resembling a known face. It was no use trying to identify him, as the end drew near. Then lightning struck the boat, sending the both of us underwater as I frantically took my last gasp of air and everything going pitch black. If only I could tell my folks how much I loved them.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!