The Mystery Man


“We never knew who he was, all we knew is…” said the radio. Mike was trying to find out this information. He was meeting up with Elijah at the park. They were writing a letter to the Police Station. Elijah wrote a short letter to them but Mike was not sure about how he wrote the letter. A man named Joey was the head of the investigation. Once Mike told Joey the story, he was laughing nervously.

When Mike and Elijah were walking back up the road they saw a blood trail leading to a cave. Before they walked in they called in backup. Two brothers, Mi and Zad, came out to help. Mi and Zad carried 4 bags of supplies. Mike followed Elijah, Zad and lastly Mi. After a bit they saw someone. Elijah grabbed his arm. There was a question mark on it. The boys ended up calling him “Question”.

The group went down different tunnels and Mi saw Question. Question was cornered in the middle of all 4 tunnels. Question grabbed Mi and started running for it. Question took his mask off. Mi tripped on a stone. When Mi woke up, Question told him “I know who you are!” put his mask on and ran for it again as Mi lost consciousness.

Mi woke up in Mike’s car. Mike, Mi and Zad were going on a roadtrip. That left Elijah back in their hometown. He wasn’t that sad but he wondered why he wasn’t allowed to go with them. It’s alright, he can take care of Mike's dog Spot.
Now Mike, Zad and Mi were having the time of their lives. At the beach, they called Elijah every night to see how Spot and him were doing. On the way back from the beach they saw a dog. It looks a lot like Spot.

Elijah had taken Spot for a walk into the forest. “Why are you here?” Elijah asked. Question didn’t reply. Question rushed towards them and grabbed Spot. There was a rope placed in the tree. Question pulled a rope pushing Spot and him down a sewer.

Mike's mum knew something was up with Mike but she couldn’t work it out. She ended up asking him but as they were talking the smoke alarm went off. And the smoke made them fall. In the distance they saw Question...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!