Toomblek

“A land filled with monsters and carnivorous plants lay on the island. Day after day the jewels in the cave get stronger and more powerful,” Tells Mrs Clair, a geography teacher that teaches year 12. “Anyone would be extremely lucky to get out Toomblek unharmed." All the children looked horrified, especially Mike Zoom. Mrs Clair talks about mythical lands every time year 12 comes in for geography. Her favorite however, is one called Toomblek. She claims she's been there herself. But no one ever believes her.
"How was school today, Mike." Asks Mrs Zoom in her sweetest, most interested sounding voice. "It was alright," Huffs Mike, "That crazy geography teacher was at it again with her 'Toomblek is dangerous' stuff." Mrs Zoom snickers, she then says "Hey Mike, can you turn on the TV?" He does. And learns quite a lot from it. "What?! No!? It can't be, " whispers Mike with his freckled face turning white. "I refuse to believe this, actually...Toomblek is real?! This cannot be happening!" The news lady sadly announces that they're "Taking two teenagers to go to the island and search for the rare red ruby. The chosen teenagers will be uncovered... After the break." The fear on Mike's reveals everything. He then looks down at his phone and messages his friend, George. George has been watching the same channel as well, wondering who they will choose. But they didn’t announce it publicly. All the news scouts scampered across the town in order to find the address of the two teenagers that they’ve selected. “Knock knock knock!” Someone’s at the door. “I’ll get it.” Yells Mr Zoom, just coming off his computer. Mike wants to yell, but his voice won’t start. He wants to run, but his legs won’t move. And before he knows it. Mike finds himself on the island of Toomblek next to his arch enemy, Melanie Willliams. Her gorgeous, long, red hair almost carries you away from the fact that she’s gotten 5 detentions in a week. Melanie is a demon. “Last one to the top of the mountain is a rotten egg!” She squeals, happily. And of coarse, Mike couldn’t walk way from the opportunity to beat her at something.
Half way up the mouldy, steep rocky mountain, they encounter a Blayte. Thiscreature can grow up to 3 metres tall. They’re all different colours but it’s most commonly found one is coral. Blaytes aren’t very fast however, so it would be easy for Mike and Melanie to run away, right?! Wrong! Behind them stands a carnivores plant, just one of the types that Mrs Clair talked about, the Shera Pera. A Blue plant this is. With a spiked top and spiked bottom there is no escape. The Blayte walks closer and suddenly theres nothing to do. He wants to call his parents but there’s no Wifi! And in the blink of an eye... Melanie is hanging from the edge of the mountain with a 796m fall. What should he do?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!